lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

I am not a consultant but the below information might help you.

From the 2010/11 tax year your employers can provide your P60 on paper or electronically.  You will have to give your consent to your employer to receive an electronic version as you must have the ability to securely view and print a copy.

Getting a copy of your P60

If you have lost your P60, you should first approach your employer to ask them if they can provide you with a copy.

Employers are obliged to keep records of pay for three years and so they should be able to provide you with a copy of your P60 for the last three years.  The P60 will be clearly marked as ‘duplicate’.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) cannot provide a duplicate of your P60.

If you need a copy of your P60 from more than three years ago, it is unlikely that you will be able to get one.  Your employer may be able to provide you with a ‘statement of earnings’ on company headed paper which should act as a replacement for a P60.

Alternatively, you should contact your Tax Office.  Your tax office will be able to provide you with alternative, official information regarding the amount of tax that you paid.

Good luck!
Sponsor

mrlookforward
10 years ago

If you were studying only then would have needed comprehensive sickness insurance. But because you were working as well, you can claim to exercise treaty rights as a worker. As the other member have pointed out, you can try to extract as much information from your previous employers, and then also contact HMRC and ask for your tax/ni records/statements for past years.

Once you have this, I would suggest you do not apply for naturlisation. You should instead apply for confirmation of Permanent Residence. The benefit of applying EEA4 is, that the fees is only £55 and if you are refused you only loose £55. But if naturalisation is refused, you will loose most of £864.

Now, one more important bit. If you apply eea4 and supply them with your initial 5 years proofs documents to prove treaty rights, and that application is granted, then you will know you naturlisation will be granted. But if you apply eea4 with last 5 years proof, then you will have to wait one more years to apply for naturalisation. Still not a big deal though.

regards

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hey guys,

I am a Lithuanian national, who's been living in the UK for about 6 years. I want to apply for naturalisation/british passport as it would make everything so much easier for me.  I applied to university in 2008 and successfully completed undergraduate degree in May 2011. I have worked throughout my studies. I have done some research ( I say 'some', my head is about to explode..) and I know they would ask me for the proof of employment. I digged through all the paperwork today and that's what I found. I have a certificate from university confirming a successful completion of my studies (2008-2011). I have a p60 for year 09/10 and 11/12. I have some payslips for year 10/11. I rang up my previous employer, hoping he would be able to send me a p60 for year 10/11- no luck, he refuses to re-issue it. I spoken to most current employer and a statement of earnings for year 12/13 is on the way. I spoken to revenue and they said they will send me a statement of earning (2008-2013), but this will only be a copy. As far as I know, I can't use copies for naturalisation application. One more problem - i'm not sure if I had a health insurance when I was a student (only now I found out this was compulsory). I don't want to pay £800+ for application and then get it refused due to lack of evidence. what do you guys think? Is there anything I can do? Any way I can get p60s for last 5 years or would they accept any other proof of income?

Any help would be appreciated as this is giving me a headache.

Thanks