mrlookforward
10 years ago

PR is issued under european regualtions. PR does not and cannot be issued to work permit or tier 2 holders.

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Dear All,

It is a complicated case but I will try to make it simple and understandable.

I have been working in my company  for 5 years ( with 5-year work permit visa). So I will be entitled to apply for PR in the coming Dec. However, due to some reason, my year 1 to 3 salary didn't meet the required salary standard so it won't be good if i submit my application.

I have spoken to my solicitor and they suggested me to apply for another tier2 working visa (in another company)  for me to stay in the country. Then i can use my previous year 4 and 5 + the new 3-year tier 2 visa to stay. But you can imagine tier 2 visa is another 3-year time for me.

So I am thinking, after i get my new tier 2 visa (in Dec), I still want to try the PR application.  I know the chance I get it is very low but I just want to try. But I am not sure :

1. If the PR application fails, does it impact my tier 2 visa? My friend told me working visa and PR/natuaulisation appplication is handled in differnt department in HO. But i am not really sure about it. I want to make sure even I fail in PR, i still can stay in the country, with working visa.

2. If i fail the PR application, will it impact my PR application 3 years later (after my new tier 2 visa is expired)?

Thank you so much if you can share your ideas with me! I am so desparate with some direction now!