lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hi, I hope someone can help me.  I'm holding a spouse visa and enter the UK on 29 Jul 2012.  As I'm come from Hong Kong so I need to get the English Qualification at first place for the visa.  I'm now starting to read up the information to get my ILR application ready (though I know I can't apply for it until early of July).  But I'm just wonder, do I still need to take a further test in order to qualify the settlement?  I obtained IELTS C1 level two years ago and the certificate expires in April, does it matter if it is expired when I apply ILR and will HO accepts it??  

I have read a document from HO regarding the changes to KoLL, it does say if someone already have a qualification at B1 level, no further test is required.  I just want some reassurance that this is the case for me, otherwise I will just go and get a test again.  Lastly, if this is the case, should I just attached my old test certificate to my application form or HO should have my record on file??

Many thanks!

Sponsor

mrlookforward
10 years ago

If the certificate you have meet B1 level in speaking and listening, then the expiry date on the certificate does not matter at all. UKBA have clarified beyond doubt that for ILR applications, the expiry date on the certificate is of no relevance.

Please be aware, that you will also need to pass Life in the UK test.

regards