• 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
My god what a rip off!!
so I have to pay 575 instead of 200 for naturalization :-(
I just cant believe this. Thanks Mrs.G for the reply

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

you are welcome, yes it is a rip off, disgusting in my view! Thank goodness my husband got his last year as we could not afford it this year with two boys about to go to University.  And I am not sure but I don't think that covers the citizenship ceremony. I recall mu husband paid £268 not £200 as £68 was for the ceremony and indeed was the only refundable part if application was not successful

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/formsandguidance/feenotes this is the old /current fee info

funkky121@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
OMG, how can we pay for this?  We are family of five and we are due to apply for citizen on May 9th. And there is no how we can afford 500pounds each. GOD HELP !!!!
dhaleelah
  • dhaleelah
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
I called the helpline n found out that the fees will be 575 instead of 268
dunno about kids maybe a bit cheaper
17 years ago
Apparently the fee is excluding citizenship ceremony. I think the government do not want people to apply for citizenship anymore
r@hotmail.com.1330535428
17 years ago
Does anybody now the joint fees if it is a couple?  In the old fees Naturilasation joint was £336,(see below) . Are you sure that the £575 does not inlcude the ceremony fee??

FEE CHANGES FROM 1st APRIL 2005

The nationality fees will change as detailed below:

Naturalisation 6(1) - £268 (includes ceremony fee)
Naturalisation 6(2) - £268 (includes ceremony fee)
Naturalisation Joint 6(1) -£336 (includes two separate ceremony fees)
Adult Registration - £188 (includes ceremony fee)
Minor Registration(s) - £200 (Single/Multiple Applications)
Renunciation - £120

17 years ago

We definitely need someone to find out if the new fees include ceremony fee because i read it on a site that it's exclusive ( which i can't remember the name of the site).

Also we need someone to find out how much it will cost for a couple and also for children under 18.

Can someone pls find out. I'd love to find out but i'm at uni and i do not have any credits on my phone ( really broke).

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

I found this that shows the joint fee but cannot as yet find out about the ceremony fee. Perhaps it is to be the same £68.00 as previously

http://www.gnn.gov.uk/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=269465&NewsAreaID=2

7. Proposed new in-country fee levels

I tried a few times to paste it here but it won't let me without changing the format so read
section 7 as shown above

dhaleelah
  • dhaleelah
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
I have been hearing that ILR application fees is gonna be changing n going to be much expensive.what about the citizenship application after April?
I'm due to apply in August 2007
Thanks
Dhaleela
r@hotmail.com.1330535428
17 years ago
Thanks for this, but it doesn't show if the cost of joint naturilisation as the last fees did. I guess we will have to wait till they update the site.
pinks
  • pinks
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I think its now
17 years ago
just received this email from the home office

Thank you for your email.

A joint application for naturalisation under the new fees costs
r@hotmail.com.1330535428
17 years ago
Thank you Camilla for the above. It is not listed clearly in the new fee table however, but I guess this is something they will amend later on. So this means that if a couple is making an application they are saying that it will now be
ecangeleri@ntlworld.com.1330535427
17 years ago
Still much cheaper than other countries! Try Germany for instance, there the fee is 3-months-gross-salary and you must give up all other nationlaities and it is a lengthy process of 8 years residence. The UK has been the easiest place on earth to get Citizenship and it is still very good vlaue for money.

And after all the frauds going on I think it is right for the UK to start making it more difficult so the people stop taking the mickey!
mrmehkri
17 years ago
Yes, fraud must be checked so that only genuine applicant get the naturalization. No one will disagree with that. But the increase in fee by such huge amounts would deter only the genuine applicant and is definitely a RIP OFF.

I suspect these fee increases are actually paying for new Identity Card scheme. Immigrants would now be subsidizing ID scheme as government has to somehow manipulate the actual cost of ID scheme. Welcome to new Britain.
daisybird
17 years ago
for a couple the fee cost 735 and for a child add another 400 to it.