corianderr@hotmail.com.1330535431
16 years ago

I'd say stick to what you've been preparing yourself for unless you're just about to start your study.  As long as you do well with the practices provided on this website (try to practice "at least" a couple of times each chaper), I'm sure you'll be fine. 

I actually prepared myself for edition 1 but when I rang the centre last Tuesday to book the test for the following day, I was totally gutted to find out the earliest date I could book was July 3 (7 day notice for the booking)!  It meant I had to start all over with the 2nd edition, which I did.  As I went through 2nd edition, I realised they'd changed quite a few things/facts amongst chapter 2, 3 and 4.  For example, 646 constituencies instead of 645; 6 founders of states for European Union instead of 5.... 

So, when I was told of the extention on edition one at the test centre, I wasn't quite sure what to do: edition one could be easier as only 3 chapters were involved.  But I went for edition 2 in the end as, knowing the figures and facts weren't quite consistent, I didn't wanna risk my time and money.  And I managed to walk out the centre with the notification letter in 5 minutes!  So could you!

Sponsor

IanWorthington@usa.net.1330535430
16 years ago

Thanks Julie, your practical experiences are just what I was hoping someone would reply with.  I'll discuss it with my wife but I suspect she'll make the same decision as you in light of the differences you've found.

ian

IanWorthington@usa.net.1330535430
16 years ago

My wife has, of course, been studying Edition 2.  Her test is next Friday (8 days).

I gather that the Edition 1 test is still available, and will be for at least another month.  Would anyone recommend she changes at this stage to Ed 1, which is meant to be easier(?), or might it cause too much confusion?

Thoughts?

ian