lifeintheuktest
13 years ago

Obviously you should stick to official material. Can you let us know where did you see the wrong answers?

E Fidan
Administrator

Sponsor

parveenpeerzada@yahoo.com.1330536375
13 years ago
the earliest age children can work is 13!!!
jstitch
  • jstitch
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago

it's question no 37, page 88 on the official citizenship study guide.  legally, the earliest age children can work is

A 12 years old    B 14 years old   C 16 years old   D 13 years old

the answer is D ref page 84  Life in the United Kingdom book.  but when I read page 84 no mention of age 13, only 14.  Is the book out of date?  but it's the 2nd edition, is there newer version?

13 years ago
I am using the 2nd edition as well.

Its on page 84, at the bottom left under Hours and time for children at work.

"The earliest age for children to do paid work is 13, although not all local authorities allow this."

jstitch
  • jstitch
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago

Hi Parveen,

I must be blind, I don't see that part on my book.  What's on the page is the same as http://www.lifeintheunitedkingdomtest.co.uk/?page_id=23

I don't see anything about age 13?

13 years ago
http://www.lifeintheunitedkingdomtest.co.uk/?page_id=25  below points makes it more clearer under Children, family and young people there.

• more than 12 hours in any school week 13-16 year old children can not work

• more than 25 hours a week 13-14 year old children can not work during school holidays.

For the test, make sure you read the book thoroughly as there were few really simple/tricky questions which are not covered in practice tests.

jstitch
  • jstitch
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago

borrow my book from the library.  but got the updated one today.

jstitch
  • jstitch
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago

I found some wrong answers on the practice test book.  should I worried about this or just stick to the guide book?

i.e. the earliest age children can work is age 14 but the practice questions said 13?