islam_shafiq786@yahoo.com.1330536374
14 years ago

Hi Mr Ali

Thank you very much for your informative posting. It is really very useful.

Sponsor

memeduk
  • memeduk
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
Sorry, I did forget one important point which may be relevant for others.
This situation is only possible if either:

- The EEA national does not lose that citizenship when becoming a British citizen.
In my wife case, I kept my EEA nationality (My EEA country allows dual Nationality under certain condition which I meet).

- If the EEA national's non-EEA family members already have permanent residence when the EEA national becomes a British citizen.

In other cases the non-EEA nationals would cease to be family members of an EEA national.

The two points above is an important ones.
memeduk
  • memeduk
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
Hello all,
Sorry, I made s type error. I mentioned in my original post P11D. This should be P60.
So any reference to P11D should be P60 :-)

Good luck
kashivirk
13 years ago

well here is some thing . .about me struggling being a EU family member lol

i came to uk as a student , in 2004 july . and then got married with eu national in 2006 . after that i was issued resident card till 2012.  and in 2008 my passport expired . and i send my application to home office to transfer the residence card stamp on new passport. but they issued me a new resident card. which is valid .till 2014..

my wife has been here from december 2004 and she recently got her PR .. to get british passport.. as she is EU national . so there wasnt any problem..

question is when actually i can apply for pr. or naturalization.as a british national. being a eu family member in 2011 it will be total of 5 years.. .but in the country i have been more than 6 and half years.

should we send our joint applicatio for citizenship. . or she should apply 1st.

guys . any idea.. . plz help me out .. i am so confused..

thanks

regards

kash 

kashivirk
13 years ago

well here is some thing . .about me struggling being a EU family member lol

i came to uk as a student , in 2004 july . and then got married with eu national in 2006 . after that i was issued resident card till 2012.  and in 2008 my passport expired . and i send my application to home office to transfer the residence card stamp on new passport. but they issued me a new resident card. which is valid .till 2014..

my wife has been here from december 2004 and she recently got her PR .. to get british passport.. as she is EU national . so there wasnt any problem..

question is when actually i can apply for pr. or naturalization.as a british national. being a eu family member in 2011 it will be total of 5 years.. .but in the country i have been more than 6 and half years.

should we send our joint applicatio for citizenship. . or she should apply 1st.

guys . any idea.. . plz help me out .. i am so confused..

thanks

regards

muhammad kashif

memeduk
  • memeduk
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hello Muhammad,
forget the time between 2004 and 2006, it has no value on your PR or British
citizenship application.

This is what you have:
- 2006 you became a non-EEA family member of a EEA citizen. Your residency count starts from 2006.

- After 5 years and you are still with your EEA wife, you then get the Automatic PR status in 2011.
(NOTE: you do not need to send your passport to the HO for a PR stamp, this is not a must. And since your resident card is valid to 2014, you need not to worry about anything)

- You need to be in the PR status for 1 year (During that period, you do not need to be depend on your wife EEA status).

- In 2012, you have the right to apply for British Citizenship.

Now, you can skip that one year wait period on the PR status only under
the following condition:
On the day you get your automatic PR status 2011 and your wife has already got her British citizenship and also kept her original EEA citizenship (this is very important) and you are still living together as partners (Man & Wife),
then you can skip that one year in PR status and apply for the British Citizenship in 2011.

Please read my original post at the beginning, it explains in details this topic.
hope this helps.

Good luck

kashivirk
13 years ago

hi mohammad

thanks very much for you reply . i have read your post every thing is clear in my mind..

well 1 thing i want to conferm. is that..

my wife got PR (in august 2010) .right...but actually she applied for PR bit late . she could have it in 2009 as she has been in uk from last 6 years.

but at the moment .. after her PR status . she can apply for citizenship in 2011 august? right

what if we both make a joint application (with 1 fee joint fee for application for couple is about 930£) . will it make any difference.. ?

they may consider it as well..

but if they dont accept my appliction . but they cant refuse my mrs application .so that time my mrs will be national .. and i can resend my application again .. what you think about it .

in case. any way for single application fee is 745 something.. .it is worth to risk 200 quid... or not . ?

give me ur idea. brov.

thanks a lot

muhammad

kashivirk
13 years ago

one more thing i checked with my mrs EU country .

she will loose her citizenship if she gets british citizenship?

so what is the best solution  for me

thanks

regards

vali
  • vali
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
13 years ago
Dear forum

As a non EU-family member of EEA national resident in UK,I have been given 6 months entry and than resident permit for 5 years, is due to expire on March 2011.My spouse hold EEA passport with resident permit 5 years which is expiried last year,she does not hold British citizenship.

The case before from Mr. Ali was showing similar info but in the meantime one of spouse became a British citizen,therefore the partner has to apply for another year extention as permanent resident but I think you can waive that one year if your spouse does not become a British citizen????
I would like to know if I can apply for naturalisation as a British citizenship????

I also like to mention some information to make sure that is correct in order to apply.
The information below is been taken from Home office website-Guide AN/NATURALISATION BOOKLET- THE REQUIREMENTS To be read in conjunction with Guide AN.

6. EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA NATIONALS AND SWISS NATIONALS
This section covers you if the country to which you belong is part of the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
New immigration regulations came into force on 30 April 2006. If you are a national of a country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April 2006, and therefore will not have to apply for indefinite leave to remain. But remember that, unless married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should normally have held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for naturalisation. This means that you may need to wait until you have been in the United Kingdom for 6 years
before you can apply.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with the same case.

Regards

violeta
12 years ago

Hello.

I woud like to ask you. I will have 5 years in the UK on 23 january 2012.I came in Uk on 23 january 2007. And I married with the EEA national on the 22 july 2010. I have residence card for 5 years,which i got it on 16 january 2011. I want to ask . 5 years you ment just being in the UK even not maried with the EEA national. Or i have to be in the marriage with the EEA national during the 5 years. Thanks in advance.

12 years ago
msn
santa
  • santa
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
12 years ago
I have a similar case. I read the Home Office website which states that you should normally have held permanent status for 12 months before applying for naturalisation.

This is fine however when making the application do I need to submit documents of the EEA national who has now become British, i.e. their passport/wage slips etc.

This will prove to be a problem because the EEA national who has now become British (my father) is not willing to support my application.

Can I therefore make the application in my own right?
sylwiawaw
12 years ago
Dear Sir or Madam,

Your rights under EU law are derivative from the status of your EEA national spouse. I believe that the UKBA informed you in their letter accompanying residence card that you have the right to reside as a family member only.

Kind Regards,
Sylwia Wawrzynczak
ILAS (LLP)

Immigration
and Legal Advisory Services ILAS (LLP)
is an immigration firm based in
London offering services such as legal advice and representations to UKBA and
Tribunals.

Should you need professional assistance or
advice at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We can assist with entry to the UK,
extension of stay, permanent residency, regularization of stay and citizenship.
We also have an extensive experience in removal and deportation cases and can
request for administrative review/reconsideration of decisions, appeals,
process applications outside of the rules based on compassionate ground and
offer assistance to those in detention.

Our devoted and fully qualified team of in-house lawyers and
ex immigration officers, experienced caseworkers and advocates caters for corporate and private
immigration applicants and appellants both in the United Kingdom and worldwide.

Please visit our website at www.ilas.org.uk
for detailed information about our services.

You may also ring us on (44) (0) 208 539
6611 or alternatively email us on info@ilas.org.uk or ilas@btconnect.com.

Immigration and Legal Advisory Services

Nelson House

341 Lea Bridge Road

London

E10 7LA

shaddi1977
11 years ago
Dear Forum,

I'm from Belgium, resident in the united Kingdom since 1999, and have permanent residency since 2006.
I would like to apply for British citizenship in the UK which I have all documents related ready. My wife has residence card of a family member of an EEA national, valid from 17 March till 17 March 2016.   

My question is, can my wife keep her currant status and visa as a family of an EEA national if my application for British citizenship has been successful? especially that I would like to keep both nationalities in the future? or would she be obliged to change her status and visa document?

Many thanks 
cherry
  • cherry
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
11 years ago

hi

i have few question,could you please help me.

1.when can i apply for british citizenship?

2. Can i skip that 1 year PR?

3.do i need change to spouse visa because my husband become british?

- My husband is a EEA citizen and continue living and working in UK since 2005. 2012 Oct he got his british citizenship. (he didnt give up his own citizenship)

- I am a NON-EEA national and arrived in the UK in July 2005 as a student. And then we married on Feb 2010, i went home and apply for 6 months Family Permit of EEA (valid form Feb 2010 to Aug 2010).

-After 6 months i applied for EEA2, and got it for 5 years. Valid from Aug 2010 to Aug 2015. i am a house wife.

-2011 i lost i passport and re-apply EEA2, got a replacement valid form Sep 2011 to Sep 2016

lifeintheuktest
11 years ago
hi there,

was wondering how long it took you when you re-applied for EEA2 after loosing the passport?

we are in the same situation here.

My wife had her Residence card of EEA national already for 3 years.

What documentation you sent when you reapplied?

Cheers

Bertrand
godunjo
11 years ago
Hi All

I'm just checking if it's possible to apply together with my wife who is the EEA National and has had her PR since 2003. We got married in 2007 with a cute little girl. I submitted my application in August 2012 for PR.
my question is that, can we both apply for naturalisation together when I get my PR or she goes first? Applying together tho saves quids and will also save me about 1 year. Just wondering what the law has got to say about this.

Thanks so much in anticipation
sylwiawaw
11 years ago
Dear Sir,

In order to qualify for citizenship, you would need to be settled for a year prior to the application.

Kind Regards,

Sylwia Wawrzynczak
ILAS (LLP)
cherry
  • cherry
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
11 years ago

Hi Sylwia,

I’ve been trying to find information on UKborder Agency website but the more I’m looking the more confused I’d became. I’d much appreciate if you could give some advice on the matter I am having.

I am a non-EEA national who lives in the UK since 02/07/2005.

I came here with a student visa which was required for my studies.

I’ve been living together with an EU national as boyfriend and girlfriend since 03/2008 (which I am able to prove with our utility bills).

We got married in 01/02/2010 and I’ve been issued with an EEA family permit on the 18/02/2010. Then I’ve received my EEA2 Residence Card 25/08/2011 which is valid from 25/08/2010 and it’s issued for 5 years.

I’ve been a house wife since 09/2010 so my family permit is depending on my husband.

I was wondering under EU law when can I apply for British Citizenship?

Is it 5 years from the time we’ve been living together?

Is it 5 years from time we’ve got married?

Or is it 5 years from the time I’ve been issued with the residence card?

(This residence card by the way had gone when I got mugged in Barcelona in 08/2011. The one I’ve hold is a replacement permit and it’s valid from 14/09/2011)

There’s another thing as well. My husband has got his Permanent residence status since 11/01/2011and he became a British Citizen on the 22/10/2012. (The issue date of the Certificate is the 15/11/2012). So now because of his dual nationality I could become a British Citizen under British law as well.

So the question is,

Is it 2 years from the date he has been issued with his PR?

Is it 2 years from the date he became a British Citizen?

Or has the law changed from 2 years to 5 years this year?

And if it wasn’t enough now I don’t know if I have to apply for a different permit because he became British?

Thank you very much for the time you spent reading my letter. Any advice is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

ikneo
  • ikneo
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
10 years ago
Hello everyone

i wonder If some one could help me finding home office phone and email add, 
I sent my EEA4 application in Jan 2013 till this time neither COA nor my PR arrived, I'm in the middle of changing my Job to get new job either I need my passport or COA.

Thanks

I khan