nazneen1@Hotmail.co.uk.1256680409
16 years ago

Hi I just have a question. The reference you mentioned, was it part of the two required references on the actual application form ? Or did your friend send an additionl letter on separate paper ? Thanks for your help.

Sponsor

lntko@web.de.1330535431
16 years ago
My friend did complete one of the references for me, but I also asked her to do a letter stating how long we had known each other. This was for the purpose of confirming my 3 years in this country because I am a housewife and did not have any documents to prove I had been here the last 3 years. They don't accept bank statements or utility bills etc. as proof, plus I have not been in receipt of any benefits.
lntko@web.de.1330535431
16 years ago

I sent my application by special delivery on 24th September. Called Nationality helpline on 15th October to request my passport back. Advisor confirmed my application had not been allocated to a caseworker yet (almost 3 weeks), but they will send my passport back although the caseworker may request I resubmit it at a later stage. I called Nationality helpline again on 19th October because I had still not received my passport back. They confirmed my application was with a caseworker now, apparently since 16th October. I was put through to the caseworker, who confirmed my passport had been despatched via SMS (Secure Mail) that morning and I should receive it on Monday. Today 23rd October, I received a delivery from SMS and to my surprise a letter stating that my application had been SUCCESSFUL!!!

I am very astonished how quickly they have processed my application. Don't know if it helped that I asked my friend, a GP, to write a reference for me, perhaps.

Now I just have to wait for my invitation letter to the citizenship cermemony.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE !