marufahmed
10 years ago

On a condition that your spouse is a British Citizen, she can only claim Child Benefit and CTC. It won't hamper your future applications to HO.

Cheers

Maruf

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Thank you Maruf.  Very big help.  My wife is not a British Citizen and thus, we can't apply for it.

I'm seeing that those who have applied to it and received the benefit and credit have had difficulties in justifying it.  Because it does ask if you've used CB and CTC when you fill in visa extension form.

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

I have similar issue, I am Palestinian live in Israel and I hold Israeli travel document I am currently in the UK on Tier 2 work permit from April 2013. I have my son here as my dependent. In Israel we receive child benefit and would stop if my son leaves the country for more than three months, Israel is a country that has an agreement with the UK for Child Benefit I applied here for child benefit and I was sent confirmation that I am entitle to child benefit therefore I started receiving child benefit, but recently I found on my visa that I am not recourse to public funds, when I search I found that child benefit is a public funds what should I do to make sure weather I am entitle or not?, I phoned the child benefit and they told me that I have to contact home office, should I contact home office? Or just stop it? Will this be considered as fraud? I am really confused, I don’t want this to affect my status in this country and especially I need to extend my tier after 2 years. Is there any help please? Regards

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi,

I'm holding a Tier 2 visa at the moment and have recently had a child.  A colleague advised me to apply for Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit; however, my visa stamp says that I am not subject to public fund.  On the other hand, it seems that Tier 2 people who have applied to Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit have obtained it.  Can any one advise if I qualify for Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit or not??  I don't want to take an action which hamper or prevent my visa reputation.

Thanks in advance,

Bez