mrlookforward
9 years ago

First of all, if your home country does not allow dual citizenship, then you are committing a crime by not surrendering their passport back to them. If its an automatic loss, such as Indian citizens loose their citizenship as soon as they obtain any other citizenship, then there is no going back.

There is no roll back pick and choose back and forth from ILR to Citizenship to ILR.

If you renounce your British Citizenship, then basically you will have to pack your bags and go back home.

Also keep in mind, that if your home country ever discovers you have gained another citizenship, and if your country happens to be India for example, then you might end up in prison in your home country for illegally using their passport.

regards

Sponsor

cherry
  • cherry
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
9 years ago

Hi Mrlookforward

Could you please help me

I hold EEA2 residence card, after 5 years can apply EEA4 Permanent Residence Card for non-EEA family member
May I ask how to count 5 years please,

1.date of marriage paper (we got married in my home country, I am a non-eea national)
2. The issue date of EEA family permit (valid for 6 months), this is the visa home office give to me to entry UK as eea national's family member.
3.the issue date of EEA2 residence card

Many thanks

cherry

mrlookforward
9 years ago

Count 5 years from the date you actually entered UK first time.  ie the date of your first arrival into UK after getting EEA family permit in your home country.

regards

km95
  • km95
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
9 years ago

Hi,

I wish to ask the unusual question. Following the ILR, I became the dual citizens that is British Citizen as well as my original home country citizenship. But my original country doesn't allow us to hold the dual citizenship. On the other hand, they don't know i have got the biritish citizen either. So, by not telling them, they don't know about it and they couldn't ask me to give up the citizenship/passport.

So I have the ILR stamp on home country passport and the british passport. They know all of us here in UK hold dual. Now they are tracking down by issuing the new passport at the renewal.

The issue here is the ILR stamp can not be transferred to the new passport because of the british citizenship in place. From the home office point of view, ILR is no longer valid. So i have to hold 2 passports with ILR stamp on the first book and  the new book with valid date. After the next renewal it will be 3 books which is crazy.

The question now is can I roll back to ILR by giving up the british citizenship. What are the consequences?

Many thanks