malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

Hello Karl:

The period of absence is not clear from your post. You did write that you had a
contract abroad from June 2004 and Feb 2005 but was your wife with you during
all of that period or she joined you for a shorter period.

Here you will get information to best of
our knowledge and no way is final saying in the immigration rules. The best answer you will get is by calling
Immigration Customer Service line. Home
office is pretty lenient on 90 day rule and can still approve the application
and it is usually on per application basis that hey use their discretion. It is
hard to say if they are lenient for your case or not. Applicant is allowed 450
days if applying after 5 years or 270 days if applying on the marriage basis (3
year). Another requirement that they have is that they allow 90 days in the
last 12 months. You shouldn?t have problem with that because you r wife is here
since Feb 2005. If that is the only overseas visit your wife had and she was in
UK
then I assume your wife is within home office rules.

You should also check with Citizen Advisory
Bureau or consult an Immigration Solicitor. They will be able to answer your question within the law. If you are
near a major city, they have free advisor in the law centre or in Citizen
Advisory Bureau.

I hope this answer little bit of your question.

Sponsor

karlschofield@yahoo.co.uk.1330535425
17 years ago

Thanks,

I should of read the form properly we are within the 270 day limit and she has been out of the uk for 28 days in the past 12 months so it should be ok.

Are your sample tests extracts from the test centers and do you have them in in PDF or file format ,unfortunatly we do not have Internet at home, it would be nice to print them out for the wife.

a Fantastic site and very helpful,

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
We do not normally provide questions on any other platform as this system can only operate on a server. You do not have internet at home so this is no good for you at all.

I have the list of questions (just questions, no answers) on pdf format and if you want I can forward them to you. Your wife can practice on them until she feels ready and perhaps you can take her to a local library afterwards to use the actual system. Just let me know if it makes sense to you.

Regards,

E Fidan
Administrator
17 years ago

I would appreciate if you could send the file, I took the wife to the library on saturday and she found your site invaluable, however she works during most of Library opening times so the questions will be invaluable for Home revision.

Again many thanks for producing such a helpful site

Regards

Karl

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
I've sent it to your yahoo address.

Regards,

E Fidan
Administrator

17 years ago

I am a British citizen and my wife, is currently applying for citizenship.She was given indefinate leave to stay in the UK in 2001.

I am a contractor and I quite often works overseas, between June 2004 and Feb 2005, I had a job  abroad and my wife joined me, the contract was placed in Trinidad and tax payed there, and there is no link to a UK company.

This obviously exceeds the 95 days out of the country, will this affect her application, or in your experience are the Home Office lenient on this rule when you have relocated for a work.