denhil
  • denhil
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
11 years ago

It is unlikely that you can apply as a dependant for the ILR application due to the unspent convictions. Refer to:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/general/settlement/dependants/

Pls contact me at hilaal@tridentlegal.com for further advice. (free advice 🙂 )

Take care.

Sponsor

panther80
  • panther80
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

Hello Sir

My wife has a Work Permit, which falls under the closed category but she can extend her visas in Tier 2 Category, if required. She already has a 5 year visa which expires on 30th Oct 12, so there is no need to switch to Tier 2.

The link that you have sent me is for Tier 1 Dependant.

I think according to your suggestion, the below link applies to my case using the FLR (M) Form:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/applying-in-uk/

I have heard people discussing that they have applied for ILR alongwith the main application in a similar situation as mine, and they were issued FLR, so i still have doubts.

It is not that i am contesting what you have suggested and your answer does not reflect what i would have liked to hear, but I just wanted to know if anyone has come across a similar case as mine.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

mrlookforward
11 years ago
You asked something and Mohammad Abu replied to your query correctly.

Now you again repeat the same question again, why?

Can you not grasp the information in one go? If not, read the same reply again and again....................
panther80
  • panther80
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

Well mr lookforward or whoever you are, I cannot imply you to read my posts again but i would strongly suggest you take the IELTS exam again. (If you are already not aware, IELTS is an exam where your English skills are tested and you will get a chance to improve your skills before taking the test)

Please do not jump into any conversation if you have no idea what you are talking. I have just asked if anyone has come across such a situation and want to know their thoughts and experience. So better stay off, if you have nothing to add or share.

mrlookforward
11 years ago
Without going into a lengthy argument, I would say, I will respect your wishes and make no further comments on your post. But I must point out, that this is a message board, and no a private conversation chat. If you post on a forum, do expect anyone to "jump in" and make comments. This is a "forum" open to everyone and not a one to one advice site.
panther80
  • panther80
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

You sound as if I invited you to make comments on my post.

This is a forum  and anyone is entitled to discuss or share their experience, knowledge or thoughts on any queries of an individual, but if someone has nothing to share then why bother posting.

AND ALSO "PLEASE DO NOT CUT THE LONG STORY SHORT". Period.

panther80
  • panther80
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

Hi
Would really appreciate if you could please help me clear a few doubts I have regarding the ILR application.

My Wife has got a 5 years Work Permit starting from October 2007 which expires on 30th October 2012. She has been employed with the same employer has got a clean case in regards to other requirements for ILR.

We got married in April 2008 and I got my Visas - WP Dependant from the same month and arrived in the UK in mid of April same year.

I was convicted of Drink Driving (DR10) in May 2009 and was disqualified for 14 months (after doing the Drink Driving Course) and fined £ 300.00 by the Court. I understand the Rehabilitation period for my Case is 5 years considering the fine i got from the Court.

My questions are:

1. Will I be able to apply alongwith my Wife on the same application Form SET (O) as her dependant, and will my conviction affect her getting the ILR or getting rejected?

2. If I am able to apply alongwith her on the same application Form, Will I get the ILR or a different kind of visa.

3. If I am not able to apply alongwith her, then I guess I will have to apply on a different Form FLR (M), but will I have to wait until she gets her ILR or Can i apply before she get her ILR. I am full time employed and can provide all the documentation according to the requirements specified by the Home Office. We own our house for more than two years, so we would be able to provide the cohabitation documents aswell.

Please can you share your thoughts on the above and help me clear the questions I have.

Thanks