lifeintheuktest
11 years ago

I have been living in UK as spouse of eea national since  january 2005 till now dec2012. Though we separated , i have filed my application for permanant resideny. Please do i need to wait another 1 year before i apply for naturalisation taking in consideration i have spent over 7years in uk.

my ex is british, we moved from france, and we been living here since. we have 3 children and i have contact order for them. so iam on eea family memeber stamp since 2005

kindly reply

mrlookforward
11 years ago
Your question is very vague and confusing.
Did you come under the eu regulations, or did you come to under UK immigration rules?

You have got to write everything precisely and accurately and in correct date order, for anyone to even think about giving you a reply.
vali
  • vali
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
European Economic Area nationals and Swiss nationals

If you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or you are the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status if you have exercised EEA free-movement rights in the UK for a continuous five-year period ending on or after 30 April 2006. You do not need to apply for leave to remain. You should have held permanent residence status for 12 months before you apply for naturalisation.

I do agree with you that this above sentence is very confusing.

If anyone with the same situation could you please explain this??????

As a family member of EEA residing for 5 years,because you will get automatically permanent resident,can you apply for naturalisation after 12 months without applying for permanent resident (form EEA4)???????

Please comment on this???
lifeintheuktest
11 years ago
sorry about that. I came to UK as a family member of a returned  british national excersing treaty right in another eu country. We came back 7yrs. 
just got my permament residence. Do i have to wait another year. Considering the fact that i have spent 7yrs as a family member.