malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Hello Vicky:

With your previous post and this one, I have a concern that you might not be legal here.  Here are my concern.

1 - You were given entry permit to enter expiring on 23/04/04.
2 - You never renewed it to indefinite Leave to Remain (Meaning you don't have ILR)

You are not here legally because you mentioned in your previous e-mail that you went to Home Office and someone said that you just apply for Naturalization after 3 years. (Hope you have some document of it)

I have said over and over that I am not a solicitor and just trying to help as best as I can. therefore, I want you to definitely find a solicitor or advisory centre to sort this situation out.

As for your child, if your spouse is British child will automatically be British. You did mentioned that you were given settlement visa on marriage basis.

I will be interested to know the outcome.

Please do not start a new post just reply to this one or the previous one.

Thanks
Waheed

Sponsor

nlr001
  • nlr001
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago

Thanks for your advice, I have already booked my test and will do it next week, wish me good luck.

thanks.

nlr001
  • nlr001
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
To be more clear, i meant i got the indefinite leave to enter uk from my country on the basis of my marriage. That is, i had to be in the uk between 2003 to 2004 otherwise i would not be allowed to enter after 23/04/04. I had an entry clearance and the visa was a settlement visa. Does my child need registration as a british citizen? If not what form do i need to fill?