info@ukimac.com.1305368703
13 years ago
Absolutely not.

You must have been legally resident for 5 years directly before the date your application is received.

So if you apply in 2010, you will have to show that you were legally resident in 2005.

You'll be eligible for naturalisation in 2013. Unless they change the rules again...thoughtful
Sponsor

mrlookforward
13 years ago
You should have 5 years legal residence. But lately its the trend that UKBA is granting citizenships to people who may have been illegal. I know of dozens of people who recently got citizenship, and they were illegal for 10-15 years and got their ILR outside the rules in past year or so. Failed asylum seekers who have been granted ILR under legacy exercise are also being granted Citizenship on a regular basis now. Door seems to be open now, so get in quickly if you want.
rdalila@yahoo.com.1330536374
13 years ago

Hi,

Been here over 20 yrs with first 5 yrs legal but overstayed since.  Got ILT 2008 after 4 yrs wait.  May i apply for naturalisation now, with 1yr ILR.  the 5 yr was at the beginning of my stay in the Uk.  pLEASE help as some say yes and others no.

Regards