hampine@yahoo.com.1330536374
14 years ago
SURE THEY CAN
Sponsor

mblackhill@googlemail.com.1330535519
14 years ago

I think you can use either of those references. I also used a work colleague (a Church of England Priest) and my University Research Supervisor. They accepted my references.

I think my only query is whether they will accept both references who work together - a bit bias - check their manual or email the Home Office. They usually answer you within a  couple of days. I think they usually acept references as long they are not related to each other or to yourself. So, don't refer to your references as friends, rather colleagues.

Can you get an extra reference just in case?

nandita_zaman@yahoo.co.uk.1330535518
14 years ago
By any chance Can I use my GP and my employer as referees?

We got ILR last Aug 2009 including my two child who born into this country. They can apply for registratin as a Brithish Citizenship or they also need to waith till next Aug 2010 to apply together with us?

m.amir@soton.ac.uk.1307786909
14 years ago
Nandita, it is perfectly fine to have your GP acting as a referee. This should cause you no problems at all. As far as I know, your two children who were born in the UK do not have to wait until you apply for naturalisation. You can make their application as of now.
gm2000
  • gm2000
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago
Dear All,

I am going to apply for naturalisation and not sure whether these two person will be able to act as my referees in this application

referee 1: colleague and personal mentor in the college, full-time professional, Professor, British citizen

referee 2: colleague and family friend, full-time professional, research scientist, not British citizen,

Both of them know me professionally and personally over 3 years.

Both referees know each other as they both work in the same department. That is all. I am not sure whether this will satisfy "the referees must not be related to each other".
Thanks for your help,
G.