j-d786@hotmail.co.uk.1330535432
14 years ago

if you are still living with your wife then you can apply for nationality after 1 year of you get your ILR so if u get your ILR in dec 2009 then you can apply for nationality after dec 2010 and if you are not living with your wife then you will have to wait 3 years insted of 1 year

i hope you understand

tc

Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
14 years ago

There is no requirement for you to wait for a year after ILR, You can apply as soon as you get your ILR and have completd three years of residency as a spouse of British National.

Your wife's passport will go with the application so you need to be living with your wife at the time of  application and till you get the Naturalisation.  It is simply incorrect that you have to wait for a year after ILR.  Waiting One year rule does not apply in case you are married to British National.

I do suggest that you check with a solicitor to check with the new rules. Do not trust the info here as people do make up according to their understanding and mean no harm.  Sometimes they can be wrong. I have seen several incorrect suggestion on this site.

Thanks

manish.thanki@gmail.com.1330536373
13 years ago
I would like to find out if I can apply for Naturalisation now please.

My situation is as follows.

I came to the UK in April 2003 on a work permit visa. I got married to a British citizen in 2007 and transferred my visa to a spouse visa. I received my ILR in December 2009. I would like to know if I can apply for Naturalisation now as I believe I qualify for the 3 year residency already as I came in 2003.

Please advise, any information would be helpful.

Thanks

MT
webexpert
13 years ago
Want to know Citizenship Rules of UK? Visa Advice Provides Expert Advice for British Citizenship & Naturalization Application. We also guide for UK Citizenship Test for British Citizenship.
http://www.visaadvice.net/citizenship-for-uk.html