paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

Is there a particular reason for posting this in TRIPLICATE? I hope the moderator will take appropriate action...

Sponsor

bicir21@hotmail.co.uk.1165313779
17 years ago

no particular reason apart from curiosity.i thought  it will give a appx idea to us ,especially who are on the waiting stage of  their applications.

i've got the idea from an other web site:   www.immigrationboards.com

I did not understand why you want an appropriate action taken by the moderator.if you can pls explain this i would be appreciated.

thanx

17 years ago

There is no need to post the same thing three times. The action I had in mind for the moderator was the deletion of two of the copies of your little questionnaire - which seems now to have been done.
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

I think the basis of your questionnaire is to find the average time for completing the process.  Don't waste your time and energy as Home Office Updates this information on their site. Every case is different and takes different route and different times. My case took 4 months and some cases were completed in less then a month.

I also think that no one is organised enough to keep track like you want to keep track. There are some time lines listed on this Web site, you may dig deaper and figure out your answer from them.

17 years ago
I agree entirely - I think the only information that would be gained from statistical analysis is that there is no consistency - the speed of consideration depends entirely on the workload of the particular caseworking group to which it is allocated, and this varies from day to day...
yesubabup@yahoo.com.1169063484
17 years ago

HI

I applied on 11th of July on 5 years basis through NCS and I received ackonowledgement on 15 th July saying that they did receive the application.They took the money from my credit card on 19th of July.Finally I received the decision on 04 th of Aug ( letter dated on 28th of Jul).I took an appointment for 16th of Aug for ceremony.Hopefully I will get the passport with in 3 weeks.

That is my story!!!!

All the best

theresa@shentons.net.1330535424
17 years ago

I sent my application on the 4th of July  and received a letter confirming that they have received my application around the 11th(not sure of the exact date) but I haven't heard from them since. The money has gone out of my account as well. Unfortunately, I did not use the NCS and it appears that when you use that, it speeds up the process. I'm a bit sorry now because it only cost about £35 at my local council. It looks like I am going to have a four month wait! Oh well, there isn't much I can do now.

Theresa.

mawulil@yahoo.com.1330535426
17 years ago

has anyone not used the ncs service and received a positive response in less than 3 months?

ML

sweeti99@hotmail.com.1330535425
17 years ago

hi

i use the NCS and have been send for 3 months got the letter said they got my from but until now havent got another since 😞 so have any one like me useing NCS take 3 months more ?

if you useing NCS how long it usualy take ?

17 years ago
NCS tends to speed up the early stages of an application, because it has been "pre-checked" before it gets to the Home Office, but that's it, I'm afraid.

From the posts on this and other forums it seems clear that there isn't a "usual" time for processing. I think what I said here -  http://www.lifeintheuk.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=415 probably covers it...

Sorry

paul

ecangeleri@ntlworld.com.1330535427
17 years ago

Application by NCS: Brighton Registry Office NCS on 8th May 2007 
Date of submission: 8th May 2007

CRITERIA (ON WHICH BASIS): EU Citizen (Italian) exercising Treaty rights, 5 years + 1 year ILR, been in the UK sicne 1998, but due to changes of ILR-rules  had to wait 12 months counting from 30 April 2006

Date of debit /credit card transaction: Haven't checked

Date of receipt of acknowledgement: not received yet (20/05/2007) But I was advised by the NCS that due to run up to change of fees o 2 April, there is a backlog of received applications and that could take longer.

Date of receipt of approval: TBA
Date of receipt of invitations: TBA
Date of Ceremony: TBA

I used the NCS as firstly they check that you have not missed anything, secondly you get all your documents photocopied and originals returned to you, especially my passport and my P60's. I needed to go to Paris last week for a meeting and I needed my passport back, and thirdly because I bet it speeds up the process, 40 quid well invested.

bicir21@hotmail.co.uk.1165313779
17 years ago

can anybody pls post their individual timelines so we can compare to eachother. 

example:

Application by NCS or Postal - ? ? ?If NCS, which centre : ? ? ? 
Date of submission - ? ?/? ?/? ?

CRITERIA (ON WHICH BASIS):such as 5yrs residency or marriage

Date of debit /credit card transaction - ? /?/ ?

Date of receipt of acknowledgement - ? /?/ ? (posted - ?/ ?/ ?)
Date of receipt of approval - ?/ ?/ ?(dated ?/ ?/ ?)
Date of receipt of invitations - ?/ ?/ ?
Date of Ceremony -?/ ?/ ?

many thnx to all

saajit