paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
You don't have to get a passport at all, so No; there's no time limit within which you must apply.

Sponsor

yesubabup@yahoo.com.1169063484
17 years ago

Thanks for the information Pron!

Babu

yesubabup@yahoo.com.1169063484
17 years ago

HI

Afetr getting the naturalisation certificate,is there any time scale to get the passport( is it compulsary to get the passport immediately).Because tomorrow I am going for oath and I am going to India for holidays in first week of October.Just to avoid to get the visiting visa to India,I want to apply for passport after I get back from India.Is that ok?

Can any one help me in this regard.

Thanks a lot

Babu

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

I think P Pron has mentioned this before but I will just mention it again that if you take an oath for another nation you automatically lose Indian Nationality. Therefore if you travel on Indian Passport, you will be committing a crime and I am not sure what are the consequences for you as an Indian or British as it is very clearly stated on Home Office site that if you are taking oath make sure you know the Dual Nationality Law of your native country.

Passport is separate from oath. Once you take the oath you are British National and lose Indian Nationality whether you apply for the passport or not.

I thought I mentioned it in case this complicate situation is not clear to you but I think P Pron did answer it clearly in answer to someone?s question in this site.

If you do need to use Indian Passport, you can postpone your oath ceremony and do it after you return as can take oath for next three months. This way you will not be committing a crime.