siqbal
  • siqbal
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
I just want to know i hv got visa (husband) at oct  2004, i came in uk 31oct 2oo4.it was two year visa after that i applied for indefinate which i hv got now at 18 dec,2006.so i hv got indefinate leave to reamain in uk. i want to apply for citizendship and its gona be in 18,dec 2007.my question is that i want to do life in uk test so its nw going on april 2007 do i need to take the test from old book or  shall i prepare for new book.and also culd u tell me plz hw maney chapter r in new book and i nw old one. i ll be thankful to u and i really appriciate for this site there is lot of information .............gud luck every one.........shahid.
Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

You don't have to wait for 18 December 2007.  You can apply as soon as your three years in UK have been completed. I believe you said it was 31 October 2004, when you enter.  That will give you 31 october 2007 as your eligibility date, as required by Home Office.

This is because you are applying on Marriage basis. On marriage basis there is no requirement to wait a year for Indefinite or ILR.