ecangeleri@ntlworld.com.1330535427
16 years ago

Most certainly... back to sq 1 if you stay that long away from the UK. I'd check  before leaving if I were you. ILR and Citizenship are based on staying closely linked to the UK, i.e. staying and having the intention to stay and live in the UK on a permanent basis. Going away for 7 months, would not show a committement to staying closely linked to the UK, unless you are in the Crown Service or member of the armed forces serving overseas.

Sponsor

irispink@wildmail.com.1256680559
16 years ago

Hello,

I would imagine that it would depend upon your reason or reasons as to why you had to be out of the UK for 7 months.  You could go ahead & put in the required papers to the immigration authorities but it will be up to the caseworker who looks over your file as to what is decided. 

ELW

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

I have been away for more than 6 months but I have had immigrationg advice that says that if I was away with my spouse thaen this does not affect the situation & I can still apply for ILR. I think you have to prove that you were together & the reason that you were away. I will let you know once I get my passport back

sureka

IanWorthington@usa.net.1330535430
16 years ago

Its my understanding that the replies by Suerka and Ellen are correct.  I have in front of me an email from IND saying there is no specific rule and its up to the case worker.

A double-edge sword, if ever I saw one.

i

dele_akande2000@yahoo.com.1239387866
15 years ago
can you pls tell me why after applying for ilr and acknowledgement letter has not been received up till now and £ 750 have been deducted.is it bcos of the 3 days gap for my probationary period to be compaleted
shay-lee
15 years ago
sorry i wish i could give youthe help that you need im also trying to apply for settlement visa for my husband,and it not going so well.i wish you all the luck and get help with what you need
jasonhawkins1975@yahoo.co.uk.1330535430
15 years ago

If you go out of the country (UK) for about 7months whilst on a Leave to Remain Visa would this now cause a problem when applying for the ILR ?