lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

Hi,

I was on a UK work permit from Aug 2000 till June 2002 (i.e., about 1 year 10 months). After this, I had to return to India (on a company transfer) to work from offshore for the same UK clients I was working for when I was in UK. I returned to UK after a gap of 11 months in May 2003 and have been in UK ever since, working for the same company/client.

There are different ways to look at my case:

I have been in UK since Aug 2000 i.e., close to 7 years (to date), but with a gap of 11 months.

My Total Stay in the UK has been close to 6 years (excluding the duration I was not in UK).

Now, keeping the above, do you think I am eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (which can be applied after 5 years of stay in UK on a work permit).

Or, do you think I have to wait for another year to complete 5 years in a row (and forget about the 2 years in a row that I spent in UK before the gap), before applying for ILR.

Please advise.

Regards,

Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
16 years ago
In my opinion your entry date is May 2003. Working for UK company is not a test unless it is for the Crown Government. Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to check with other sources. Definitely check with Immigration Solicitor or call Home office direct.