malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

I guess my examiner was more responsible and he asked me to check all my details before taking the money for the test. He also informed me that I need to approve it because these are the details that will be on my Certificate. After checking the details I told him that they are correct but he insisted that I confirm it and click on it myself.

Procedure might differ from place to place but I appreciated his firmness. I hope you won't have any problems as you have now two papers instead of one. They should have corrected and gave you one.

Sponsor

mail@tjudd.eclipse.co.uk.1330535425
17 years ago

The process was the same at my test centre as well. Somehow the error still managed to get through (most likely my error, but still unsure) its easy to be dyslexic on computer screens (I know, I'm an IT manager).

Are you saying that they should have reprinted my certificate with the correct spelling? This was not offered to me, and besides aren't the detailed forwarded electronically to the IND.

Hopefully the letter will be enough, I will call IND on Monday and find out some more info.

Thanks

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I don't think you need waste the cost of a phone call, Troy - you won't anyway be talking to anyone who actually deals with naturalisation applications, so the answer won't be in any way definitive. Just submit the certificate and correction note with your application (keeping copies!) and I'm sure you won't have any problem.
17 years ago

Yeah, I may well do just that.

Thanks P Pron

17 years ago

I passed my test today. Found it really easy (with help from this website and book) completed it in about 5 minutes.

Only problem, is when I got my certificate, I noticed that my place of birth was spelt incorrectly. I went back to the test centre and they provided me with a seperate latter (signed and stamped by examiner that overseen the exam) stating my name and the the required spelling correction.

Does any one have any experience of this and what (if any) problems may this present with my application.

Thanks