tkammyus@yahoo.com.1330535426
17 years ago
If you speak good English and read/write as well you do not need Esol course. I have called the Center and asked for myself.
Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

Must be something new.  I was not asked to show any of my qualifications but just had to take the test.

If anyone else faced with this situation, please do write and let others know. I always thoought that test will cover both. It was also state din my certificate that I don't have to take any othe course or test.

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

It's not something new, Waheed - you do not need any formal English language qualifications in order to take the test. It would take a change in the law to change this, and there has been no change in the law.

The whole point of the test is that it tests the candidate's knowledge of life in UK, and his/her knowledge of the English language. Clearly, you need to be able to understand English, in order to understand the questions, and passing the test therefore establishes that you have a level of English language skill sufficient to satisfy the Home Office.

I think that whoever Camelia spoke to simply didn't express themselves very well.

rgds

Paul

selver_ozdemir@hotmail.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

I thought i just need to enter to test to proof that i know english. But i saw i need to show Esol Level 3 qualification at test centre.

Does anyone have information about this?

Seher