samer.hamada@yahoo.com.1330535433
15 years ago

Hi all. I wonder if you can help me.

I will be applying for ILR having finished 5 years as work permit. My wife will have only spent 14 months by the time we will apply for ILR (she is on limited leave to remain as dependent on my visa).

My questions are:

1- Can she apply for ILR now or not?

2- If she can apply for ILR then do we do that on one application form (or joint application)?

3- If she can not apply for ILR now then what would be the best next step (obviously she will to apply for further limited to remain!) but say after a year from now I will be applying for nationality, what would be her situation?

4- Is it essential that she get ILR prior to citizenship (such waste of money)? And how long does she need to be on ILR for before applying for citizenship?

Sorry for so many question but I do need help and I hope you will be able to answer my questions.

Thank you

Sponsor

tandra.paul@gmail.com.1330535518
15 years ago

hii

if you are applying for ILR on work permit resident, then you need to fill SET (o).

Your wife and any dependent children under 16 are automatically entitle to apply for ILR alongwith with you in same application form; they are exempted from time restriction, however your wife, i presume that over 16, need to pass life in the uk test to apply for ILR.

visit home office web for more details, download and see SET (O) form in details, it very easy to understand.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/forset0.pdf

Hope this information will be of your help

thanks