16 years ago

Hi Francis,

Yes, your wife too will be required to sit and pass the Life In the UK Test for her citizenship. If you and your wife haven't got the ILR yet, both of you will be required to sit and pass the Life in the UK test.

All the best.

Cheers

Navneet

Sponsor

francis
  • francis
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
My wife came after six month I came to England  can we both apply together or we need to wait for 6 month more or we need to apply seperately.
16 years ago

Hi Francis,

Your wife only needs to spend 2 years to qualify for ILR as your dependent, so it does not matter if she arrived in UK 6 months after you did. The two of you can and must apply for ILR together using the form SET(O). This will only save you money. If you both apply separately then Home Office will charge you twice the fees. Plus, you both will have to pass the Life in the UK Test.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Cheers

Navneet

francis
  • francis
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago

If I give exam Life in UK Test now 2007 but if I apply after two years 2009  for my ILR It's alright or I need to give futher Exam again.

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

You take the only once. If you take it and pass it for ILR then that is it. You do not need to take it again.

E Fidan
Administrator

francis
  • francis
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
As I in work permit my wife is in my dependent visa  does she need to give life in the uk test to get citizenship