uws28@yahoo.co.uk.1330535427
17 years ago

Hi, I think your solicitor got it wrong.Since you came into the UK on a fiancee visa,got married to a British citizen and completed 3 yrs  residency requirement,you can apply for naturalisation.Good luck.

Sponsor

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I hope your solicitor is acting for nothing, because that is the precise value of the advice you have received!
You need to have been in UK for three years and, on the day of application, you need to have no time limit on your stay, and you need to be married to a British citizen.
You do not need to have ILR for a year if you are married to a BC.
If you arrived in UK in February 2004, you can apply for naturalisation in Feb 2007.
GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

smilesmile

paul

tsli@o2.co.uk.1330535427
17 years ago

My solicitor told me that I am not qualified to apply for British ciziten yet as I have not held ILD for 12 months. However, I checked the Home Office website and said that a married spouse (to a Brit) is entitled to apply to naturalization as soon as 3 year residence is fulfilled. I am so confused as my solictor told a totally different version.....

Feb 2004 -settled in UK as fiancee visa

Aug 2004 -got married to a Brit and granted 2 years LR visa

Aug 2006 -got ILR visa

Should I apply for naturalisation on Aug 2007 or Feb 2007?

tsli@o2.co.uk.1330535427
17 years ago
Thank you everyone!! Now I can sack my solicitor.......He IS A SUCH "Asxxxxe"......Maybe DIY can save me a lots money and "time".......Cheers........Really appreciate it!!