romia4004@yahoo.com.1330535519
15 years ago

Hi Fayyaz,

Yo can apply for your ILR as soon as your 10 years is finished, which means from 7 Oct 2009. If you apply by post you got to pay 820 pounds, but if you apply in person in Public Enquary Office, it's 1020 pounds.

As you are applying because you meet the long-residence requirement, you may not include any dependants in your application. If you do, their applications will be refused. They may apply separately if they have completed the qualifying period of 10 years. If you have a partner who does not qualify, he/she may apply for temporary permission to stay (limited leave to remain) on application form FLR(M), in which case he/she can include any children under 18 as his/her dependants. For other options, see the detailed SET(O) guide.

Good luck!

Sponsor

fayyazurrehman@hotmail.com.1330536373
15 years ago

Thanks Romia,

I have read the guide, is it possible that I apply along with my two dependant children for ILR on 7th October 2009 and my wife applies later on in 2011 when her period completes?

Fayyaz

romia4004@yahoo.com.1330535519
15 years ago

Hi Fayyaz,

In the Long Residencein the UK category, the immigration rules do not allow dependents, so their applications are likely to be refused if they are applying with you. ( as mentioned in SET(O) application form)

"If a child does not become a British citizen at birth (as none of the parents had been settled), he or she may be entitled to registration as a British citizen later. This will happen if either parent becomes a British citizen or legally settles here before the child is 18; or if the child stays here until age 10."

So you can register your children as British Citizens as soon as you get your own ILR. Then they can apply for their Naturalization when they turn 18 years old.

I have a question from you, just for my own knowledge: To which cases do they give Long Residence, like yours?

Good luck!

15 years ago

Thanks Romia for the detailed reply.

In case of legal long residence, normally those people qualify who spend their time as student or a combination of student visa and partial period of work permit.

Fayyaz

15 years ago

My period of long legal 10years stay completes on 7th October 2009. Could somebody tell me please how early I can apply for it and how much does it costs. Also once I get ILR, is there anyway I can apply for my dependent wife (living with me in UK for last 7 years) and for two kids (aged 6 and 2) both born in UK?

Thanks

Fayyaz