ravi123
  • ravi123
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
14 years ago

Sorry there is correction in my 4th question with regards to the dates :

4.If thats the situation then her first entry in the UK will be on 
   10th July 2010 but her Visa will be valid only till 4th June 2012.
   She will fall short of the Probationery Period by about 37 days.
   Will she be able to apply for ILR on Set(M) form in this situation
   requesting UKBA to hold her passport till she completes her
   probationery period or will she have to get further leave to remain
   on FLR(M) form and then apply for ILR on SET(M) form

Sponsor

13 years ago

Ravi,

Just wondered if you got answer to your above question. I have completed my Five years and applying for ILR this month. I got married last year 3rd September and my wife joined me in Uk in the month of October 2010 as a dependent and has her visa till 2012. People say I can't apply for ILR for my Wife beacuse she has not lived with me for 2 Years in UK. Now want to know If I apply for ILR does her dependent visa gets invalid?.

Please reply back at the earliest..

Surender k

surender_karanam@hotmail.com

km95
  • km95
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
13 years ago
Based on your mentioning, your wife got dependent visa while you were on Tier 1.
My understanding is that you will get ILR first. Then your wife needs to convert her dependent visa to spouse visa (normally for 2 years stay), but that needs to be done as soon as you have been granted ILR (basically within 28 days).
After 2 years of her spouse visa, your wife apply for ILR.
After 1 year of your ILR, you apply for naturalisation.

That's what I know.

sarankanna@yahoo.com.1373126879
13 years ago

Surender

Your wife should be lived with you minimum 2 Years in UK with the same address where you are living.

So please create a join bank acct, NHS GP letters and make some utility bills with her name.

Regards

Saran 

san001
  • san001
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Hi everyone,
I need some help with my dependant visa.
I am currently on a student visa and want to know if I can switch to the dependant route of tier 1 general while in the UK or do I have to go back to my country to apply.
I just got married and my wife holds a tier 1 general visa (Highly skilled).
ravi123
  • ravi123
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I entered UK on 30th September 2005 on Work Permit, changed my Work Permit within UK to a different employer in March 2006,changed to HSMP between June 2007 - June 2009, and presently on a Tier 1 (General)  Visa
valid between 10thJune 2009 to 10thJune 2012.

I will be completing my 5 years on 29th September 2005 but during this period I would have been away from UK on paid holidays for 230 days which is 50 days more than the recommended 180 days. The maximum days outside UK in a single trip being 45 days.

I am getting married in India in June 2010 and after that my wife will be getting a Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa till 10th June 2012. Both of us will be entering UK on 16th July 2010 .

My enquiries are as follows:

1. When I apply for my ILR will I be able to apply for my wife as well on the same form Set (O) at the same time in September 2010. She would have completed more than 2 months as my dependent till that period. ( I am asking this since someone told me in my situation I will be able to apply for myself and my wife together but want to confirm this)

2. If I apply for ILR for myself and my wife on the same form Set (O) at the same time in September 2010 and my wife does not fulfil the criteria for ILR will the homeoffice reject only my wife's application or will they reject both eventhough I fulfil all the criteria for ILR  successfully.

3. If I switch my category from Tier 1 (General) to ILR in
   Septemeber 2010 can my wife continue to stay and work on her existing Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa which will be valid till 10th June 2010 or will she have to apply for Further leave to remain on FLR(M) form as a dependent of a settled person in UK. A lady on the general enquiry number for UKBA told me that my wife's exisiting Tier 1 (Dependent) Visa will not become invalid when I switch 
over to ILR and she can continue to live and work till her visa expires and she can apply for ILR once she completes 2 years.

4.If thats the situation then her first entry in the UK will be on 16th July 2010 but her Visa will be valid only till 10th June 2010.She will fall short of the Probationery Period by about 7 days. Will she be able to apply for ILR on Set(M) form in this situation requesting UKBA to hold her passport till she completes her probationery period or will she have to get further leave to remain on FLR(M) form and then apply for ILR on SET(M) form eventhough it will be a matter of 7 days. 

5. With regards to my leave exceeeding by 50 days than the recommended 180 days during my period of employment and self employment will the UKBA accept a letter from my previous employers stating the period and saying that I was on paid annual leave or is it better for me to wait for those extra 50 days and apply in November 2010 instead of September 2010.

6. In any of the above situations will my wife have to leave UK and go back to India for any applications or all of this can be dealt within the country since she will be on Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa

I am sorry to ask so many questions but a lot of my decisions will depend on the answers to these.

I am very thankful to all those who have taken effort to read my situation and will appreciate if you could share your knowledge and information regarding the same.

Regards

Ravi