ksamreddy
  • ksamreddy
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

Hello All,

I have a typical immigration situvation here

I am on Tier 1 (General) visa due till May 2014 and my wife is my Tier 1 dependent.  to give some background on me.

I came to UK in June 2007 on a Tier 2(General) visa and converted to Tier 1(general) in May 2009 for 3 years and renewed my visa latesest with my wife  in May 2011 for another 2 years.

Now I qualify to get my PR but I am now in a dilima to understand what will happen to my wife's visa status if I apply for ILR now. she is not in UK as she is persuing her final year of education which is due to finish in May next year.

Question I have.

1. If I go for ILR now does my wife's Tier 1 dependent visa be still valid till May 2014 or not ?

2. She got her visa and came to UK in June 2011 but she often travelled to india for her education and use to come back when she had holidays. would she need to be with me living in UK for another 2 continous years to qualify for PR ?

3. Would it be good if I delay my ILR application till May next year when my wife comes over permanantly to UK as she finishes her education and joins me ?

Any advice will be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Sampath (ksamreddy@yahoo.co.uk)

Sponsor