rippi
  • rippi
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
I have received my level 2 esol certificate...Now what do i do?
What forms do i send, and to whom,??? Please help, as this lady is at her wit's end and is very confused.
Sponsor

redsquirrel
13 years ago
Hi R P,

Before we can direct you to the correct form we would need more information about your application. Have you started with the Settling in the UK page of the UKBA site? If not, start there.

If you have and are confused these steps should help point you in the right direction.

1) Was your ESOL course combined with the citizenship course and taken at an accredited college? Have you met the Knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement? This is detailed on the UKBA website.

2) Can I take it you are applying for ILR? The form you use depends on how you entered the country and the kinds of visa you have been on since then. Check the Find the right form page of the UKBA site.

3) Have you checked you meet the residence requirements? These are more strict for ILR than citizenship, so you should have a maximum of 180 days, with a maximum of 90 days in the last 12 months.

4) Make sure you use the Settlement Checking Service, if it is in your area. This will let you keep your documents and get your application checked before it is sent.

There are guidance documents for all of the ILR/Citizenship application forms so make sure you read these as they should answer a lot of questions for you.

George
www.lifeintheuk.net