houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Not sure about this, but how does it matter? If you meet the criteria you get citizenship. There is no quota system, hence need not worry about this stat except to make sure your application is complete & clear along with supporting documents.

Sponsor

lailapasha@hotmail.com.1168421324
17 years ago
thanks for replying, i thought of that too, but i mean after meeting all the conditions only %65 of the completed applications will success.
paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Where did you get this "statistic" from?

The requirements for naturalisation are pretty clear, and are laid donw in an Act of Parliament. If the applicant meets them, the application must succeed; applications cannot be refused on a whim. As Hounslow says, there isn't a quota system.

I just find it most unlikely, and it reminds me of the old joke that 76.4% of statistics are made up on the spot...
kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

"76.4% of statistics are made up on the spot..."

Hee Hee

A touch of humour never goes amiss, keeps us all smiling Paul!

17 years ago

Well I asked the person who told me and he insisted that he heard it from the TV ?but he doesn?t know about the details, I hope he misunderstood it

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I wouldn't worry. As paul has said, they cannot turn down valid applications jut because they have reached their 'quota' for the year. If it is a valid application then it will be treated as such.
17 years ago
Thanks to a contact on another board I have had a chance to examine some real statistics...

Detailed stats appear in a Home Office Statistical Bulletin published in May - pdf here - http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/hosb0906.pdf

Table 1 answers Laila's question directly - it gives grant/refusal figures for naturalisation and registrations for the last ten years, which make it clear that the refusal rate has varied between 7% and 11% over that period. Laila's friend needs a new TV!

paul

dibibi@gmail.com.1330535425
17 years ago

would they refuse me if i had a county court judgement for not paying my water bill on time as i was unemployed and another was a court order which led for me to be evicted

I dont have criminal or driving offence though

should i tell them or just say no because the question asks doyou have any criminal conviction or civil judgment made agaisnt you...these are two questions mixed together

i am scared now

17 years ago

I don't know the answer to your first question. I would guess that it might depend on how long ago the CCJs were made - the longer ago, the better...

But I do know the answer to your second question.

Question 4.6 on the application form asks:
"4.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil
judgements made against you?"

To my mind, the meaning of this question is absolutely clear: if you have
  • a criminal conviction (including a traffic offence) in the UK,
  • a criminal conviction (including a traffic offence) in any other country OR
  • a civil judgement made against you
you MUST answer "Yes", and give details. I really don't think you can play "language games" with this. The only way you can answer "No" is if "No" is the answer to all parts of the question. And as you have said, this is not the case.

I am sure that CCJs will show up when the Home Office run their checks. If you haven't declared them, I think that will virtually guarantee a refusal - not necessarily because you have CCJs, but because you tried to conceal them.

paul

17 years ago

so technically i stand to get a refusal because i have declared YES i had a CCJ  even though i dont have criminal conviction

I am aware having a CCJ can constitute to refusal as i will have failed my good character even though it was not intentional but i was unemployed and agreed to pay back and this was about 4 years ago

in a way i think i dont stand a chance and its eating me even though i know a dozen people who had court orders and they declared NO but still got their naturalization

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Relax! Don't be hard on yourself.  In every legal system you will have some  people with CCJ's but that doesn't mean they will automatically be disqualified to become a Citizen. I think what count is what have you done after the CCJ.  If you have complied with it then you have nothing to worry about.

As far as people lying on their application is up to them, they have to live with themselves.  I just don't think you have to put so much weight on CCJ's only.  They have to look at so much more.  It also goes in your favour that you did not hide your CCJ.

17 years ago
I'm not sure what more you want me to say....

As I said in my earlier post, the longer ago the better - I would have thought that a discharged CCJ from four years ago would stand a good chance of being ignored. So look on the bright side...

Don't let it get to you until it's happened.

paul

17 years ago

I dont know what to say to you guys but i feel like you have given me some strength and i will just say YES and then explain that it was a water bill when i was unemployed so at least if we are going to build a refusal case then it will be based on that.

I think i  will just say the truth and if they will delay me on that then i wont mind  but its already 6 yrs

17 years ago

Hi everybody

I got my good nwes from the office answer last week and I am going to have the ceremony done tomorrow

I wish a good luck for everybody

charlton.lis@gmail.com.1330536373
14 years ago
Hi dallas company

i was just wondering if you ever applied for this and whether your application was successful? hope it was! i'm in a similar position at the moment, you see....

thanks!

nsheli
  • nsheli
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
13 years ago

Hi

may i now what happened to your application. I hope it you suceeded.

kind regards

13 years ago

i heard that now only %65 citizenship applications are successful .....

can this be right?