mrlookforward
12 years ago
What is the immigration status of your wife in UK?
What is your immigration status in UK?
Do you rent private?
How much is your rent & council tax?
Do you and your wife share your house with someone else?
Your employment and income? (also your wife's if applicable)
Do you or your wife have any dependent children?

Sponsor

ophiothrix
12 years ago
Hello and thanks for replying.

My wife is a UK citizen. I'm a non-EU citizen currently on student viza (just finished my PhD). We do rent privately. The rent is about £200 a month and the council tax is very low (it's a small wooden chalet). I can find out exact amount if necessary. We share the house with my wife's son. He is 21 year old and employed, so I doubt he'd count as a dependant. I am a part-time (subject to viza conditions) research assistant at University on £17000 a year. My contract, however, ends with expiry of my viza at the end of January, subject to extension if a new viza is granted. My wife is in full-time employment and her income is about £13000. We have no other children apart from my wife's son.

Many thanks!
mrlookforward
12 years ago
With your and your wifes income you will easily fulfill maintenance requirement. Just mention your and your wifes income and rent etc details as asked in the form. Attach your past 3 months bank statements and wageslips and same for your wife.
To show accomodation, you can show rental agreement and a council tax bill. Just read the form carefully and fill it out carefully step by step, and provide the necessary documents and information. Avoid giving unnecessary information and documents.

regards
ophiothrix
12 years ago
Hello,

Thanks for all your helpful advice in this forum. Great work! I wonder if anybody here could enlighten me on the subject of 'evidence of sufficient accommodation'. My newly wedded wife and I live in a rented house and I wonder what document we would be required to provide with the application to show that we've got adequate accommodation.

Additionally, are there any guidelines on what constitutes 'sufficient funds' for a period of two years? I.e. how much money one needs to have to demonstrate sufficient maintenance funds. Further to this topic, I wonder if NS&I index-linked certificates qualify as an adequate proof of available funds. I can't figure out whether they are regarded as a bond or not.

Many thanks!