mrlookforward
12 years ago
I assume that you got spouse (flrm) visa whilst you were in UK under some other immigration categoy. Please confirm if its correct.
If above is correct then please clarify
1. Your date of entry into UK (under what category)
2. Date you got flrm in UK

regards

Sponsor

reynolds
  • reynolds
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

Hi

I entered the UK on the 02/05/2003 with a Spouse Visa valid only for 6 months after that I applied for a visa using FLR(O)had to renew it every 3 years I think but after that my husband got British Citizenship thorough Naturalisation I applied FLR(M). Date I got FLR(M) was on the 03/03/2010. It expires 30/03/2012.

regards

mrlookforward
12 years ago
No one can apply for naturalisation unless they have settled status in UK.
Now you have to apply for settlement which is known as "indefinite leave to remain" and in short ILR. You will have to apply on form SET(M). You must apply before your current visa expires on 30/03/2012. If you go even one single day over your visa expiry date, you will not be able to apply for ILR and you will not even be able to apply for another FLR(M) either. You can send your application on or after 02/03/2012.

Now you might find this next bit of information strange, but thats the way rules are drawn. Once your SET(M) is granted and you get your passport stamped with "indefinite leave to remain" or ILR in short, you can apply for naturalisation on the same day. Being married to a British citizen you do not need to wait another 12 months after ILR to apply for naturalisation.

regards
reynolds
  • reynolds
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

Hi, Please can someone advice me on what visa to apply for next. I have been living in the UK for the last 8 years. My husband was in the Armed Forces for about 10 years but is no longer. While in the Armed Forces he got naturalisation to become a British Citizen, therefore I had to apply for a visa FLR(M) which expires in March 2012. What is the next step for me? Do I apply for Settlement or Naturalisation?