manfred
  • manfred
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
I am an Indian national in the UK, on a work permit since mid October 2006. However, since late 2010, my company send me on deputation to another EU country to do transition of business/work from there to the UK. I had been traveling and still is continuing to travel and fro UK during this period.
As a result, In the last 5 years and 4 months of working and living in the UK, I have been absent from the UK for 485 days, out of which 352 days were on business and 133 days on holidays. Before the deputation started, I.e. the first four years between 2006 - 2010 I had been away from the UK only for 120 days, but last one year I had been mostly away.

Note that
1. I have had no other source of income (from the country of deputation) during this period and was and is, solely payed and is an employee of the company in the UK, also I had been a lawful tax payee during this period.
2. I could produce all the necessary contract documentation, passport stamps, letters from the deputed company, etc. and other documentation from my company to prove my deputation.
3.I have direct debit set up for paying bills during this period.

Your thoughts and guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor

simha
  • simha
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Submit a letter from your employer on the company's letter head stating that your job made you travel, you will be continuing your job after your ILR and you are paid in that period, means provide bank statements with your salary entries. It has been clearly mentioned in UKBA.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/cross-cut/ilr-calculating-continuous/ilr-calculating-continuous.pdf?view=Binary

This is the revised (20/07/2011) document how to calculate your continous period in uk.