obat
  • obat
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
10 years ago
Good evening ! I can't say that I'm an experienced person and know much about marriage Islamic ceremony , but I've just applied for my ILR 2 week ago and they said , that they didn't need my marriage certificate ( between British and NON-EU citizens ). The reason was that we have already proved our marriage and gave all related documents for my spouse visa and our marriage certificate had already been recognized by UKBA. But this is our situation. I would not say this is the rule for any situation . Just some ideas....
Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
Hello everyone,
I would very much appreciate if someone could help me with my wifes application.

I'm helping my wife apply for her Indefinite Leave to remain, we married in Jordan in June 2011 in an islamic ceremony, we used the certificate (translated into english) to apply for her spouse visa which ends on the 31st of October 2013.  We have never registered our marriage in a uk registry office.  

Is it required to register in a registry office in England or is the marriage certificate used for the spouse visa application sufficient?

Any advice would be very much appreciated,

Thank you,