mrlookforward
10 years ago

The benefits you have mentioned will have no negative effect on your ILR.

You do not need to worry about a thing. You will get ILR.

regards

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Thank you very much for replying.

Have you heard about anyone with the same situation as mine ?

because one of our friends just applied and was rejected due to having an English test in an institute which was not approved by Home office !! and they gave her 2 and half years visa! that is the reason that make me worried , i have passed and required all my tests and documents , but housing benefit makes me worried .

Many thanks

mrlookforward
10 years ago

As I have explained before, housing benefit is not a problem at all.

KoLL requiremtns has two elements

Passing a Life in the UK  test.

Have a recognised qualification in English speaking and listenting at level B1 CEFR.

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

hi again,

sorry to bothering you again. because i was thinking KOLL requirement is only about knowledge of language which we have to require for our visa!

and getting housing benefit (as it is asked in SET (M) form) is another important matter which is effective on ILR visa!! 

so as you are saying ,this can not effect the process as we were not suppose to get any public found?

Many thanks for your help

mrlookforward
10 years ago

I have already answered your question. You can read it again and again.

regards

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

so sorry but as i have searched about it KOLL requirement is 'Knowledge of language and life in the UK' !!!!

and it is Not related to the other requirement!

Many thanks

charles
10 years ago

Let me first say that your husband has the right to benefits.

Housing Benefit does not affect you, provided that you do not fall in one of the following categories

1. That you are not or both claiming it, although he can add you as member of household

2. That he is not claiming it because of you. If you have 1 kid together, the maximum  you should get from council is 2 bedroom flat, if you get 3 bed flat, it will affect your applicatiion

3. That you are working. If you don't work, the case worker might conclude that he is claiming it because of you.

4. that you will not claim more benefits shortly after your Ilr is granted especially if you don't work.

My wife was getting housing and child benefit. I applied for ILR recently, declared everything and it was granted.

Regards

mrlookforward
10 years ago

@ charles

Whatever you have mentioned is just your personal idea, and nothing whatsoever to do reality. You will need to study for a few years all the law relating to benefits, immigration rules, and the interaction between them based on circumstances of applicants. Actually only studying will not lead to anywhere either. You will have to work in a practice environment where these kind of things are dealt with in practical life.

I would urge all the members reading this to totally disregard comments made by Charles regarding this matter.

regards

charles
10 years ago

I will urge Sara to access the ukba guidance to public fund from the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/cross-cut/public-funds/funds.pdf?view=Binary

Then, you will understand better.

@ mrlookforward, Sara needs reassurance with facts, and not just yes or no answer.

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Dear charles5480 Ola ,

Thanks alot  for your consideration and afford to help me , i am going to read the page that you mentioned above .

regards 

stellanicole1
10 years ago

Your case is very peculiar. Fusco Browne can help you with the ILR. They can look into your case quite diligently. 

ayeshaakw
10 years ago

Hi Sara thaktshs, 

have u applied for ILR yet, I am in the same boat as you, I am on housing benefit and my husbands visa is due to expire in may I'm very confused as will this effect his ILR, he has been working since he's been in the U.K. but we have a child as we'll and I was claiming child tax credits and because our income was low they paid us working tax credits to top it up, will these benefits (tax credits and housing benefit )effect  his stay or not, as I'm the main claimant, any help is very appreciated. 

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

hi dear, 

My spouse visa is due on feb 2014 and i need to apply for ILR.

our big problem is , my husband is recieving housing benefit , help for our rent , as he is working as a mini cab driver (40hrs) but he is on low income.

The benefit is on his name and nothing to do with me! 

and i just found out , this is going to affect my application!!

I am just wondering if they can send me back home as i have a new born baby and my husband ( bith british ) and i am so scraed to send me far from them!!

i have done all the exams required for the ILR . 

is UKBA really can do that with me?

please help me with your advice.

loking forward to hearing from you.

many thanks.