lifeintheuktest
14 years ago

Housing benefit is normally a 'public fund' however there are some exceptions. Have a look at the following:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idischapter1/section7/section7.pdf?view=Binary

If your husband is entitled for Housing Benefit then you will need to provide evidence for this. Otherwise you should cancel the benefit immediately.

E Fidan
Administrator

Sponsor

katbrierly@yahoo.co.uk.1330536373
14 years ago
Ok, I have just checked my claim, and it is not joint, but in my name only. They simply ask for his earnings to calculate my entitlement. In this case, he is not receiving public funds is he?
Thanks
lifeintheuktest
14 years ago

If you are on a spouse visa you are right, he is not receiving public funds and you are entitled to receive public funds.

You can check visa stamp on your passports; your husband's will state he cannot recurse to public funds and your won't.

E Fidan
Administrator

ivtservices@gmail.com.1330536374
katbrierly@yahoo.co.uk.1330536373
14 years ago
Hi,
my husband's country *may* have a social security agreement with the UK and as such he *may* be entitled to housing benefit. We have claimed housing benefit in both our names (in compliance with the rules of housing benefit) although have received not a penny more than I would have done as a single parent. Is this likely to count as him claiming a public fund? If so, would cancelling the housing benefit claim outright help, or would they know that we had claimed in the past?