ire
  • ire
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
13 years ago
I am writing because I need your help urgently as I lost my passport! The embassy of my home country, Venezuela, has issued me a provisional passport which has my finger prints and a photo, it has all the appropriated stamps from the embassy together with a covering letter from the embassy saying why the have been unable to provide me with a booklet or 'normal' passport. A provisional passport is effectively a photographic travel document but the test centres do not want to accept it as proof of ID.
I do not have a UK driving licence and I do not have a UK ID card but I do have a police report stating the lost of my passport I also have proof of address.
The Home Office is accepting this document for my application of settlement as the spouse of a British citizen. I contacted them and they can not see why the centres are unable to accept this document.When I called the help line contact offered in the life in the UK test official website I was told they can not help me because they do not make the rules and they can not give me the contact information for the body which regulates this issues.
What can I do from here? Please help me!
Sponsor

lsaid
  • lsaid
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
13 years ago
Hi

According to the latest website information

Documents required for all applications
Evidence of your identity
You should provide one of the following:
your passport; or
your nationality identity card; or
your Home Office travel document; or
your Home Office entitlement card; or
your Home Office application registration card; or
your birth certificate; or
your photo driving licence; or
bank, building society or credit card statements issued to you in the last six months.

You can just use the latest bank, building society or credit card statements issued to you in the last six months.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/applying/applicationtypes/naturalisation/supportingdocuments/