paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Congratulations on the recent addition!

Since you have already submitted your application, it is too late to add the baby to it, IMO...

You will need to submit a separate application on Form MN1, but I doubt that it will be successful unless / until the baby is living in UK, so I think the first thing you'll need to do is apply for a settlement visa for him or her.

paul

Sponsor

walydbak@aol.co.uk.1256679951
17 years ago

Thank for replying so quickly Paul.

What does IMO stand for?

Does it mean if I become a British citizen I would not be able to register my child as a British?Please clarify.

Thanks again for your time.

Walid 

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I hope I am right but I am not as expert as Paul is:

Paul meant "In My Opinion" with IMO

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/formsandguidance/guidemn1
These are the requirements for Child to be register as a Citizen. Your Child does not qualify to be registered.

A child under the age of 18 has a right to be registered as a British citizen if he or she comes within one of the sections A, B or C below.

The Home Secretary will normally register as a British citizen a child under 18 who comes within section D below. But registration will be at his discretion.

The Home Secretary may, if he thinks fit, register as a British citizen any other child under 18. The matters which he will take into account are set out in section E.

Section A is for children born in the United Kingdom after 1 January 1983 who are not British citizens at birth but one of whose parents later becomes a British citizen or becomes settled in the United Kingdom.

Section B is for children born outside the United Kingdom after 1 January 1983 where the child is likely to remain living overseas and where one (or both) of the parents is a British citizen by descent with certain parental and residential connections with the United Kingdom.

Section C is for children born outside the United Kingdom after 1 January 1983 to a British citizen (or citizens) by descent where the child later comes to the United Kingdom with his parents or parent to live.

Waheed

17 years ago

To Paul and Waheed,

Thank you very much for your guidance. I'am now aware of what I should do.

Walid

17 years ago

I have apply for naturalisation in the first half of September 2006. My application still in process my child was born almost a month ago but not in this country. 

I would like to include my child into my application. Can I do it?

Can anyone hep me in undestanding the way to register a child born overseas ?

Note: My wife is not a British citizen

I thank you for your time and assistance.