romia4004@yahoo.com.1330535519
15 years ago

It's me again. I just read in one of the forums that when you apply for British Citizenship you should have ILR. Is that right or you can apply while you have visa? Please help me. I ain't got too mush time.

I have another question too: My husband is getting Disability Living Allowance and is unemployed, getting housing and tax benefit as well. I had been working till 08/2008 but got redundant since then due to the favor of recession. But got a letter from my previous employer yesterday saying I can go back to work (which I will take to the Home Office) plus other refusal letters from other companies which shows I had been looking for job all this time. WHAT DO YOU THINK? Please give me your opinions. 

Sponsor

dele_akande2000@yahoo.com.1239387866
15 years ago

What i know is that you must have ILR before you can apply from british passport and that is after i yrs of getting your ilr.

And if you were born outside UK you will be given right of Abode to come and settle in the UK that is if one of parents are not british and i also know that they will only give you right of abode so far you did not live in the UK since you have been born

But again concern receiving benefit you must be able to convince them that you can support yourself in the UK without benefit and if it is only your spouse that is working you must be able to convience them as well because they belive if the ILR is given you will be taking benefit since you cant support yourself now when you havent got it.

I though you said your husband has applied for his Ilr

romia4004@yahoo.com.1330535519
15 years ago
Hi. My husband has become British Citizen 1 month ago. It's 2 years we've got married. I'm gonna apply for ILR in 4 days but I am wondering isn't it better to apply for a visa extension, pay 665 instead of 1020, then apply for British Citizenship a year later? Please tell me is it possible? If yes, is my Life in the Uk Test gonna stay valid till then?