lifeintheuktest
11 years ago
I will get married soon to a Senegalese citizen in Senegal. Once married he would like to come to the UK where I live and study as a German citizen. However he was previously deported from the USA and classified a national threat because his mother brought him to the states illegally when he was a child. He has no criminal record and was treated unfair by the US authorities. To make it worse his mother falsely applied for asylum for him in order to get him back to the states, but he didn't fulfill the asylum criteria. Please tell me if there is any way to lift his classification as a national threat and any way to get approval to come to live with me in the UK. We are planning to apply for a EEA family permit for him. It is stated that under legal law, family members of EU citizens in the UK have a right to have their family members (ie spouse) with them in the country. Please advice if his status would nullify this legal right.
Sponsor

mrlookforward
11 years ago
Sorry, but you do not make sense. USA does not simply class someone as national threat just because they are illegal immigrant. There is a million or so illegal immigrants in USA by the way.

He must have been implicated or convicted of a serious crime, and "national threat" would sound more like dealing in guns, drugs, people smuggling or some kind of terrorist activity.