kirst
  • kirst
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

Hi to everyone,

my wife is EEA (A8)-citizen and living since 2006 in UK. Working since that time. She hold WRS since 2006 and Temporary Resident Card since 2008. She wants to apply for British passport. She live in England in total more than 5 years?

I am a non-EEA national who got married with her, and arrived in UK in Apr 2007, held a 6 month Visa "Join Spouse EEA". I applied for my EEA2 and got it for 5-Years, which expires in May 2013.

Can I apply for a for British passport straight away after she got one, if we lived in total more than 4 years of marriage?

P.S. Her EEA (A8) country - not allowed dual citizenship, I'm afraid that my EEA permit - 4 years history - would wiped off, because I will become a British citizen spouse.

Sponsor

mrlookforward
12 years ago
Your wife or you or anyone else cannot apply for British passport until you become a British Citizen. For becoming British Citizen you have to apply to be naturalised as British Citizen. Naturalisation=Citizenship. Once you are naturalised, you can then apply for a British passport if you want.