lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

My wife is from Thailand and obtained a settlement VISA of which the A1 English test was part of the acceptance for a settlement VISA, of which she received confirmation of passing the A1 test, at the moment we are considering an extension of her VISA but have been told that she will have to take the A1 Englsih test again? I do not understand why she has to take another A1 English test and pay again? As my understanding of any English test certificate or diploma stands for life and you do not hear of people having to re-take exams taken previously such as English Tests and having a sell by date so to speak. Can someone advise if this is correct please and thank you for your advise in advance. Thank You Turniphead.

Sponsor

mrlookforward
10 years ago

For extension of spouse visa, if the A1 English test pass in beyond the expiry date, then a new A1 test will need to be passed.

As far as why she has to take another test, then the question is best addressed to the government. They have made the rule and you have to follow it. If you think the rule is wrong, then you can start a campaign to change the rule, or challenge it in High court.

regards