iangarcia8@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
is the exam easy? more on dates, numbers, percentage etc? I'll be taking mine tomorrow.
Sponsor

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

An exam is only easy if you know the answers. If you have studied the chapters in the book that you were supposed to, then you should be okay.

My husband is sitting his exam in a half an hours time. I can only wait and see if he passes.

Best wishes

chaithanyab@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

It is easy, not as complicated as it sounds. But you should spend atleast 10 hours of reading and self testing time on these chapters.

I passed only based the information available on this web site.

Best of luck

Kumar

iangarcia8@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Had the test yesterday and I passed! 🙂

next step..... National Checking Service here I come =)

rawadeedavies@hotmail.com.1330535423
17 years ago

Hi

Someone know NCS in Swansea ?

Ray 

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
The IND website has a list - http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/ncs - I don't know how up to to date it is, but NCS doesn't seem to have reached Swansea yet

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Give your local authority a call also. In some cases they provide the services similar to NCS but may not be listed on the listing for NCS.  No harm in checking. I live in Bradford and they do provide similar service but are not listed on the site.  At least they were not listed when I was applying. You might have to dig harder sometimes even the Local Authority people don't know what services they provide.
dena4u@fsmail.net.1170684972
17 years ago

Ray,

i live in south wales also..and the nearest NCS is SLOUGH or BRACKNELL....but in slough it will takes 4 weeks before u will have ur appoinment date..bracknell is better..they will book you in a week time..

hope this help..

sunflower

chaithanyab@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

I am still waiting.. can any body update if they know the latest reply times?

thx

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

Every case is different. Time span can be from one month to 6 months total processing time. Even Home office cannot give you proper time as individual processor work on their own pace.

You just have to wait, I waited over 4 months, From 1st March 2006 to 14 July 2006.

Good luck

janice_bian@163.com.1330535424
17 years ago
I WAITED 2 AND HALF MONTHS, FROM 01/05/2006 TO 17/07/2006. 
lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
I know people who has received reply over 6 months.

There are many factors that can affect the processing time and I believe nationality is also an important factor.

Regards,

E Fidan
Administrator

17 years ago
My husband sent his by post on Saturday afternoon (18/08/06) to reach HO by Tuesday 22nd. Will let you know how it's going.
aeata@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

Passed my life in the UK test on Saturday 23/07/2006. Had my NCS appointment on Saturday 19/08/2006. As I was told by the NCS, my appliction and documents should have been received by the home office on Tuesday 22/08/2006. I have not received an aknowledgments yet and I am still waiting.

Will keep you updated

Kind Regards

sullayman@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

I got my naturalisation decision yesterday saying was successful, i sent my application on 24th Aug, 2nd Aug received aknowledgement letter, Decision were made 8th Aug.

seleco

17 years ago

Hi Seleco, I think you should check the dates you typed. Maybe you meant 24th JULY you sent it.

It was very quick! Congratulations.Only one month from start to finish. Hope you enjoy living here.

Well HO should have received my husband's appliation on Tuesday morning(22nd) as per special/registered delivery.  We received letter  yesterday afternoon (24th) dated Tuesday 22nd, acknowledging receipt of application and enclosing a breakdown of documents we sent. ( I enclosed a covering letter with a breakdown also just incase anything went missing). All present and accounted for. I think that was a quick acknowledgment.

sullayman@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

sorry i made a mistake, i sent application on 24 July, aknowledgement letter  on 2nd aug, decision were made on 8th aug. letter received yesterday.

waiting to go to the citizenship ceremony now.

seleco

17 years ago
'Application successful' letter came in the post this afternoon.
Now we await the ceremony invitation letter which should follow in under two weeks (so says the letter).

As far as I am aware the referees weren't contacted, unless they forgot to mention it to us.
Just over eleven weeks. Used postal service, they returned documents with the application successful letter.
We are happy, nice xmas present.

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Many congrats to Mr G, Mrs G!
Don't spend to much on the hat for the ceremonybig grin

all the best

Paul

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
Congratulations Mrs G.

Are you sure you need to wait 14 days for ceremony letter? I thought you will need to contact registrations office within 14 days to book your ceremony. At least that is what was written on my letter.

E Fidan
Administrator