kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

Hello Mr Fidan,

The application successful letter states

"I am pleased to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony. When you attend a ceremony you will be presented with a certificate of British citizenship.

Please note, this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony. You should not contact your local authority until after you have received your invitation. If you have not received your invitation within 2 weeks of the above date, you should contact the Home Office on..............to request a further copy"

I was under the impression that this was standard procedure from what I have been reading here and on other forums ,or perhaps it depends on the area where you live.  Maybe I worded my post incorrectly giving the wrong impression

17 years ago

"Many congrats to Mr G, Mrs G!
Don't spend to much on the hat for the ceremonybig grin

all the best

Paul"

Hat, shoes, dress, handbag, champagne, he's wearing his kilt. It's a bit nippy up here, hope he doesn't go as true scotsman!

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
It looks like they have changed the procedure since I've received my letter. The only letter I received was both to inform citizenship process was succesful and invitation to ceremony.

E Fidan
Administrator

17 years ago
Or it could be that we live in a remote area of North West Scotland on an island and perhaps they can't figure out where to have the ceremony yet. They are probably all saying " you have him" " No, you have him" Maybe our small town will host it's very first ceremony, who knows
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Let me congratulate first on your approval and it is not because you live in a remote area, they have changed the procedure. I did receive the similar letter and that letter was followed by the Invitation.  You will need to wait till you get the letter and then you can call your designated office to arrange the ceremony.

I did mention the change in procedure when I got my letter because it was different and I was also concerned in the beginning when I got my first letter.

That letter should be with you in a week or so.

17 years ago

Thank you Waheed, it's great knowing my husband is going to be a dual citizen of Australia and UK.

I suppose I will have to do the same if we want to stay in Australia for any decent length of time too. Thats in the future though when my children have both gone to Uni and I can travel without them.

houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Congratulations Mrs G. My application has also been successful. I asked my referees & they weren't contacted either. Also the best part was that the home office called me to inform that the application was successful. What a pleasent surprise that was. Got the letter similar to yours and then the invitation for ceremony came in the post. It took almost 2 weeks or maybe a couple of days more to get the invitation letter (dated almost the same time as the approval letter, so don't know what the delay was).

I will post my timelines & experience sometime later after collating all dates. Overall an excellent experience, how many people have been contacted by home office to say application is successful :-)

snidge2000@yahoo.com.1330535427
17 years ago
Congrats to Mr & Mrs G 🙂
chaithanyab@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

Hi,

I have passed the exam on 24th July and Applied on 3rd Aug at a Nationality Checking Service.

Yesterday (10 Aug) I got acknowledgement for the application.

Waiting for the final result. Will keep posting.

Kumar

17 years ago
My husband got a letter today asking him to contact them to arrange a date.....he did and it's for this Thursday! Very quick.
Also the best bit, he doesn't have to travel. They are arranging it in our own wee village.The local registrar will be conducting the ceremony.