lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hi,

I have got my first entry clearance to UK under Tier 01 General Migrant category on 15th Dec 2008. My first entry to the UK was 1st May 2009, it is delayed by 137 days. In my first entry, I stayed less than a month time for my interviews and then left to India 23rd May. Again I came back to UK to join my job on 16th July (after 53 days). In total I was away 190 days. Following to this in March 2010, I was away for 3 weeks to India as a paid holiday. My questions are below, could you please help me with your answer.

1. Am I eligible to apply ILR?

a. According to UKBA, delay in first entry could be justified with correct reason; in my delay I have been searching a job in UK. I have evidence to show my job search during the delayed period of my first entry (137 days).

2. Few UKBA document shows the 90 days delay for entering into the country will be countable for ILR qualifying period, more than 90 days needs to be apply extension. Could you confirm this or clarify is it right?

3. For my 1st one year, my absence would be like below

First entry clearance issued date 15-Dec-2008

My first entry delay by - 137 days

After my first entry out of country

until 14-Dec-2009 would be - 53 days

Total absence in my 1st year - 190 days ( but it is not continuously)

I would appreciate if someone (including agencies) helps me to get an ILR if I am eligible. If I am not eligible then I will do myself for an extension. Please let me know if anyone wants more details to understand my issue. This is the urgent query for me...

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor